Fortunately, there are relatively few occasions on which ‘disputes’ arise between members and the Scheme, its Trustees or administrators. Problems or complaints can usually be resolved when they first arise with either the Scheme’s Administration Office or with the Scheme Secretary.

If you have a problem that you have not been able to resolve to your satisfaction, you can make a formal complaint using the Scheme’s Internal Dispute Resolution procedure.

In the first instance the Scheme Secretary will deal with the complaint on the Trustees’ behalf. If you are not satisfied with the decision at the first stage you can ask for your complaint to be referred to a second stage where it will be considered by the Trustees who will review your complaint; they may ratify the decision taken at the first stage or they may take a different view.